Wednesday 18 July 2012

What took me so long!

For years I have resisted the jeggings phenomena. Firstly it was the name, secondly I wasn't big on leggings either preferring bare legs or tights, although I gave in to those too. You would have thought that I might have realised resistance is futile, but no I dug my stubborn mule heels in and ignored shop edit after shop edit in magazines et al that mentioned jeggings.

Recently desperation hit. The £14.99 jeans in H&M were becoming a struggle suddenly my legs couldn't squeeze in them and if they could they were baggy around my hips and stomach. I coudln't afford a sleek hip brand pair of black jeans so unwittingly I nipped into M&S in Kingston and tried on their black premium plain stretch jegging at £35. People I was sold!

The changing room shot of the jeggings


I am hoping to remove donkey as my middle name on all other things I've resisted over the years - see you in a jeggings/treggings race off.

15 comments:

  1. see! I told you, comfy, stylish and not a bit of button/belt/buckle sticking out to spoil the look. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Honestly you do - I need so many now it is untrue xx

      Delete
  3. Oh they look fab! Just read your previous and love the idea of the Weetabix revolution. I'm all for doing what we want rather than try to achieve a lifestyle that can sometimes be far out of our reach. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked! Having been a die hard never never doing that person. As Rachel says above the comfort factor is actually sassy not sad!! xx

      Delete
  4. I've got a navy pair which are brilliant for cycling in. M&S has tons of jeggings - so they're obviously very popular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking the sound of navy - I can't fault M&S on their selection, some obvs better than others but a good selection based on price and style xx

      Delete
  5. I am a big fan of jeggings. I hate the first iteration of them which was literally a denim print on legging fabric but since 2011 they'e just been a lighter weight, stretchier denim and they're perfection to wear! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit avoiding them like the plague too, I don't even like jeans with too much stretchiness. Those M&S ones look fab on you, maybe I should give them a try?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on - they are stretch but some aren't so stretchy but even the stretch is in a good way! xx

      Delete
  7. Jeggings can also look good with cute ballerinas, I´ve a few pairs myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted yesterday about looking for some great leggings for winter and maybe now I should rethink and choose jeggings instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate your words.Truely,It was very nice.Thank you for your nice post.
    domy drewniane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx