Thursday 20 October 2011

Tonight Matthew... I'm wearing

I love this day! It is the wedding anniversary of Mr & Mrs MDS. It is always a beautiful day, to date other than a light shower on our wedding day I've never known it rain. Of course I fully accept this might be a tinted rose coloured spectacles view but hey!

We always have a lovely night out, although when it was on a Sunday we took petit garcon for lunch with us to Carluccios. It wasn't the same, nice but not the same as being alone and in splendour. I had hoped for a night at Hix again but it was fully booked. Mr MDS wanted to try some new fancy pants restaurant but I preferred to stick with the known. As much as I enjoyed our night out a few years ago at The Wolseley, I couldn't face being given a rubbish table again. And then I realised why not embrace my favourite place, the place where we  fell in love with Mark Hix's food, Le Caprice. I loved it for the salmon fish cakes and Mr MDS loves Mark Hix's food and his blokish fayre. I must remember not to have fish cakes tonight. We were only ever lucky enough all those years ago sans petit garcon and straight after work to get an early table. But we didn't care one jot, it was such lovely service, great food and familiar.

And we got a table! Ok it is a 7 - 9, still not that 8 or 8:30pm well connected, well to do sort of dining time in London but luckily we don't give a fig for such nonsense. My biggest concern is the outfit given the compression stockings. After all I spent most of surgery planning various outfits but 10 days later, bruised legs and another week of compression stockings to go, all my planned looks are out of the window.

Instead I've returned to a favourite look of mine. Navy velvet trousers, white shirt and black jacket. My velvet trousers aren't the best cut and are better with flat shoes but I have to wear my wedding shoes, a pair of Roger Vivier with a comma heel. I wore the trousers, (from Toast as they were the only people making velvet trousers years ago) a Gerald Darel shirt and a H&M tuxedo jacket as my honeymoon outfit with a pair of velvet jewelled Miu Miu. The Miu Miu shoes are my other choice but are ruled out due to compression stocking malarkey, I'm going to have to wear socks as well. I still love this items so much, nearly as much as Mr MDs himself and it goes to prove if you love your clothes and love a look it works time and time again. I've added a Zara metallic scarf (for warmth) and will be gripping a Dior clutch.

In my usual fashion I've taken quite rubbish photos of what I'm wearing tonight.



I normally wear some satin gloves as it will be nippy out but I'll be stashing some mittens in my clutch as I'll be cycling to the station Zone 6ing it to Zone 1 on public transport and we'll both be cycling home back from the station. Whilst it is nice to treat ourselves we can't afford to slack and indulge in taxis and the like. I handed my bike lights to Mr MDS as he went off to work this morning so he can carry them in his coat pockets. Oh the joy of making do! However I like to think it is tres Parisian to cycle nonchalantly in Roger Vivier heels.

10 comments:

  1. Very Parisian indeed my darling. Er did you ever tell me you had a pair of RV's? Have a lovely time and happy anniversary to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a lot of planning went into your evening out. You look lovely, and I think the sentiment of wearing things you love and wore for special occasions in the past is fabulous. Hope the bruising is subsiding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely very bohemian. It's rather delicious, scrimping in one area to splurge in another xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my dear-Happy Anniversary and have a fabulous evening, you look lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Parisian chic outfit! Especially love what I can see of those shoes. Wonder how many years is this anniversary? You set such an example with your biking to and from your well-earned and deserved, celebratory dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary. You look lovely. Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all, it was a fab night. It was our 5th anniversary although we've been together for 10 years!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! You look fabulous, and the photos are not rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a fabulous evening to match your fabulous outfit! I like the fact that you've reflected outfits from your wedding and honeymoon for your anniversary. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats and sounds like a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx