Wednesday 19 January 2011

Something I threw on...

What with the return of parky weather I'm actually thinking a rug or two again. Yesterday saw the sun appear in London and boy was it a welcome sight. I threw on my sunglasses and smiled!

My real heartfelt style advice during January and also February is really just make do! Save your pennies and pounds for a little while. Okay retailers might be cross with me but I am not saying don't buy anything just don't try and fill the grey day feeling with items that you might regret.


However there is always that pick me up number option when the grey days are too much and that glass of wine cannot stop the voices in your head that say 'I need something'. Do try and look at your items again and you might find a sort out or shufty around yields a fresh vibe.

But just in case then this number from M&S will work with any separates and lift your spirits with that old 1970s chic. Think Lauren Hutton and Farah Fawcett and be grateful for the £35 price tag. You'll find it online in Limited Collection's Limited 70s chic and in store within the Limited Collection concession area. The product code is T692761.

I think the colour is an added bonus which will suit all skin tones regardless. And if it wasn't for my self imposed style challenge I would be purchasing.

19 comments:

  1. Love this fabulous piece - and you're right = so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a soft spot for Limited Collection, they do some fabulously retro pieces, gorgeous shoes and bags and beat TopShop hands down for price. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would go beautifully with the black pencil skirt you posted about the other day. The best part is that M&S deliver to Australia.
    I do have a problem with sheer though, or perhaps the sheer has a problem with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there-a lovely top and I would say the Limited Collection is my favourite of M&S, they are great prices and really stylish x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much. I'm really falling in love with M&S at the moment (am I getting old?). They have some amazing silk pjs that I really want to swan about the house in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! :)

    Check out my review of Zoo Uniform's Koala T-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm such a fan of the Limited Collection stuff and this is a perfect example of why I like it so much.

    I'm trying hard to not fritter money on pointless crap. You'd be impressed with me - I'm actually returning sale purchases that I've decided I don't really need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. I am so glad this 70s style of blouse is in at the moment, as the round neck and pussybow really suits me. I'm not buying for the hell of it, but plan on getting a few of these shirts before they go out of fashion again. There is another one at Oasis which I have my eye on, and even River Island has some lovely examples!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a good blouse! I find Jan and Feb odd times for shopping, great as you can pick up ultimate bargins at 80% off but it is also tempting to start snapping up the trickle of new season - which you will have gone by the time it comes to wear it. Quite right to stick to the classic pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny Dreadful - I agree, they are my fave and the thought of them gone is too much. What do I do!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. lordie, i miss marks and sparks!

    pining for their knickers and a proper pot of tea in the USA...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like that, I quite fancy it with flared jeans and wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab!!

    kisses x

    please check me out! ...

    http://roses-are-blue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just thinking the other day that I will need to invest into some silk blouses soon as the spring is coming, and they were all over the runways, so I'm guessing high street will be filled with them :) Good choice about the M&S one, it reminds me of Chloe collection like a year ago

    ReplyDelete
  16. What? When doesn't a glass of wine do the trick? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Kate, I love the Seventies look.

    I'm going to have to give myself a style challenge like yours. I've skint myself buying things on Ebay last week. I won't regret any of them but I really need to keep a lid on myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I'm just about to check out your lovely blog, hoping we could follow one another with google friend connect? I follow you now :)

    Really such a charming blouse, could be directly from the 70s! Would definitely wear it - I must check out M&S again.

    xx viviane

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too love a nice blouse - this style is my favourite, and good old DP had a stunning one in teal. I'm usually quite impressed with the Limited Collection...I just wish they'd sort their website out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx