Sunday 31 October 2010

Make Do Magic - online stars

Today is Halloween and on Friday it will be bonfire night so next week I will officially be free to talk about the C word. Until then we'll just say we are being prepared.

If you fancy easy preparations for the seasonal joy on its way then there are amazing online options which do all the work for you.

Cancer Research has a wonderful feast of great gifts on their online shop. Not only to you get to choose some interesting items but you are giving at the same time. I like the bright and bold items. They have something for everyone. Try here first before anywhere else.

Next on the making it easy for you stakes is Not On The High St. So many gorgeous gifts it is overwhelming. I like the fact you can personalise items really for no effort other than parting with your dosh - no wonder the founders are multi millionaires now. Don't you just equally admire and grit your teeth over these smart movers. Still they make our lives easier even if we wished we'd been the smarty pants instead.

If only Mr MDS was a rugged out doorsy type I could get him this log carrier (sigh). Luckily for him I've found these nice cashmere football scarves. His team might be looking down at the championship but there is no need for him to let standards slip!


'Save Water Drink Wine' framed print £45 Not On The High Street.com


Of course you can't go wrong with Amazon for books, cds and dvds but don't get everything else from there. Not when you can get great retro gadgets at The Contemporary Home



And one of my personal favourites is the naughty but hilarious Shot Dead in the Head. I religiously read The Guardian every week but laughed a lot at this tee for your Guardian reading friend.

The Guardian Daily Mash T-shirt £14:00

Or just for wearing on a Saturday night

X-Factor Contestant T-shirt £14.00

Best thing about internet shopping for gifts is you tend to laugh a lot but remember they might be opening their pressie in front of you!

12 comments:

  1. I ussualy buy books from Amazon and the rest from Ebay, but thanks a lot for sharin all ththis info.
    Un abrazo.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great gift ideas there! A couple of years back I did all my shopping online and it made life so much easier, I intend to do the same this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be investigating some of those links! I always forget about Not On The High St.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the general public have claimed the Union Jack back from the far right. Save water, Drink Wine - great idea. And those t's a re a hoot. Thanks for the links. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whilst I might go check things out in the stores I certainly will buy online as who wants the hassle of the queueing, pushing and carting all of it home! I love the door matt! Amazon is too danergous for me I went on the other day to look for a brithday pressie for my dad, ended up with a basket full of books for myself LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your picks!!
    Happy Halloween!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm allowed to talk about Christmas after Vic's birthday which was the 25th, so bring it on - I love Christmas :) That Guardian Tee is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is very interesting! I follow you;) kisses from Oporto

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want the telephone,for meeee, not to give away! Christmas is a very difficult time for selfish people like me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Kate, I've done 99% of my shopping online for the last three years. So less stressful. Although best to do it in November as after December 1st everywhere starts running out of stock on the popular items.

    I love the union jack doormat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those tee-shirts! I've already been checking out some of the online stores and there are some great bargains to be hand. I daren't even think how many slips there are till C! PS thanks for the link and tips about Bristol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there terrific blog! Does running a blog like this require a large amount
    of work? I have no knowledge of computer programming but I had been hoping to
    start my own blog soon. Anyhow, if you have any
    ideas or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off
    subject nevertheless I just had to ask. Thanks a lot!
    Here is my web blog electronic cigarette electronic cigarette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx