Sunday 19 September 2010

You threw something on!

There have been lots of fabulous comments regarding the 'Something I Threw On' from your suggestion. With a simple suggestion inspiring many an effort. To date two photos have been submitted and both Cristina from ShoeTease and Margaret from Penny Dreadful Vintage.





Cristina is wearing her oh-too-tight, black silk-satin Marciano dress with a Jacob lace top that until now has always been reluctant to don. She also thought her pearls and JLo platforms were a but much for daily wear, so she threw those on too!



Margaret grabbed a 50s floral dress that she never seems to find the right occasion to wear and added a chunky Aran sweater with a tooled leather belt and gorgeous green canvas courts. In lieu of not owning any fashion editor ankle socks, Margaret raided her Scottish boyfirends formal wear so added some fabulous knee high woollen kilt socks.

I love that both looks have been interpreted with individual flair and not a single penny/cent was spent in the process...

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I have been trying this out too and in fact my outfit yesterday was a"Something I threw on." Love it. Thank you Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both outfits look great and really stylish .. you are a great mentor xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! i love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the knee socks! I wish that I could pull that look off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cristina looks amazing, what a great combination. I look like I'm about to knock up a cake for a WI convention, but I care not because all that wool was so cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kate, they both look fab! I've been meaning to do it myself but my wardrobe is all over the place. I can't believe I still haven't finished. It's a great idea and something I definitely should do xx

    And Margaret, if you read this I'm sorry I keep calling you Penny! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Margaret, although you do look quite lovely yourself! I usually also prefer cosy to tight&bound lol

    Had such fun with this challenge. Hope to see everyone else's looks soon as well!

    xo
    Cristina @ShoeTease

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx